Random Thoughts

This blog is to share my thoughts on different topics. The topics range from the mundane to the exotic, from the serious to the humourous. Your comments are welcome !


           Photography is a hobby, nay, passion for some people.  Talk to them about photography and they literally go into raptures, explaining the wonderful photographs they had taken and the circumstances and the tactics employed by them to get the "dream shot". Most of this is lost on me. When I happen to be with such people, I get the distinctly sinking feeling when this topic comes up.  I do my best to avoid the subject as I know that there is no stopping them once they start.  When I tell them that I do not have any interest in photography and so am unable to follow, I am variously looked upon as a creature from outer space or a strange specimen of mankind depending on the level of their passion for the subject.  The general reaction goes something like this: "What!  You have no interest in photography?". Well that's the honest truth.   It is all Greek and Latin to me. All the animated talk of the "fantastic effects" in a photograph leaves me cold. The photographer's jargon of "shutter speed", "exposure", "light and shade" etc go over my head much to the dismay of the narrator.

            Among my friends and relatives are some established photographers, yet I have not picked up either the interest or the expertise. For me, photographs primarily serve as repositories of memories.  If that purpose is served, then I don't look further.  It is not that I do not appreciate photographs.  It is just that when I want some really good photographs, I scour the Net and usually find more than I want.  After all, it doesn't matter whether the picture is from your camera or someone else's. I do own a camera, courtesy a gift, which I use to aim and shoot on those occasions when I want to capture something in pictures.  Of course, all this will sound blasphemous to the dedicated photography buffs, but somehow I can't bring myself to take enough interest in all this mumbo-jumbo.

            Now don't think that I am a weirdo. Just to prove that I am not, I'll share one of the photos which I liked:


          Apparently, this is called "hyperphoto" where the same object is photographed repeatedly from the same spot and then all the photos are merged to create the above effect. Here's the link:http://www.rauzier-hyperphoto.com/legendes/?lang=en

           Then there is the dedicated photography site pbase where you can upload and view thousands of pictures, some of which are really beautiful.  Whenever I am looking for some really good pictures, I visit such sites.  It is just that I do not have any inclination to do all this original work by myself.   

           Not a bad logic, is it?

2 comments:

Nice Work..
Enjoy reading it.

There is a saying I heard, if you can find someone to a job for you then don't do it yourself. Unless you enjoy doing it yourself.

Post a Comment

Comments

About this blog

About Me


Nothing much, just an ordinary person, with ordinary desires and limitations.

Followers